Teaching should develop pupils’ understanding of democracy, government and the rights and responsibilities of citizens. Pupils should use and
apply their knowledge and understanding whilst developing skills to research and interrogate evidence, debate and evaluate viewpoints, present
reasoned arguments and take informed action.
Personal and Social Development
- Inter-personal Relationships
Independence and Interdependence
Conservation (Level E/F)
Personal and Social Education
- understand the key issues of sustainable development including actions that will improve the quality of life now without damaging the
planet for the future
- understand the interdependence of global systems and the effects of natural processes and human development
- know how to resolve conflict and negotiate agreement
Environment and Society
- Developing pupils as Contributors to Society
Develop an understanding of how people in different places interact with their environment
Learning for Life and Work
- Explore personal morals, values and beliefs.
Local and Global Citizenship Unit
- Investigate various ways to participate in school and society.
- Investigate an issue from a range of viewpoints and suggest action that might be taken to improve or resolve the situation, for example,
how to enhance an existing play area.
- Design a community garden, environmental activities.