Recycle to Read Batteries
Take part in Recycle to Read Batteries to make battery recycling fun, educational and rewarding for your nursery, primary or junior school.
Why sign up?
- It's a great way to highlight the importance of responsible consumption and the role of recycling.
- Empower your pupils to make a positive difference and care for the environment.
- Your school can win vouchers to get exclusive discounts on a huge range of books in the Harper Collins Recycle to Read Book Catalogue.
- The first 100 schools to return a full box of used batteries, will each receive £30 book vouchers to spend in the Harper Collins Recycle to Read Book Catalogue.
- All schools participating in these collections will be entered into a monthly prize draw for a chance to win £100 book vouchers.
- Inspirational eco-themed prizes are available for families supporting their school’s battery collection.
We have a full campaign guide, assembly, posters, parent mail templates and curriculum linked resources to help you make your campaign a successful and rewarding one.
We also have printed campaign poster packs to give away – don’t miss out on yours!
Who can take part?
Recycle to Read batteries collections are available to all Pod registered nursery, primary and junior schools in mainland UK, including the Isle of Wight and Northern Ireland.
How does it work?
- Sign up to take part and we’ll send you a battery collection box. We also have a limited number of poster packs to give away on a first come first serve basis.
- Download the free resources in your welcome email and teach children about battery recycling!
- Ask everyone to bring in their used batteries from home.
- When the box is full, call and arrange for your batteries to be picked up.
For more information, please see our FAQs.